What does TEA do?
TEA provides a set of well-formulated topics covering the aspects of turning ideas into strong business plans; going through legalities, financials, marketing, operations management, branding and writing business plans.
How many rounds are there every year? and How long is each round?
- TEA runs 2 times a year.
- Each round runs for 12 weeks (3 months)
- During the 12 weeks, the workshops and mentorship sessions take place on 18 working days. The rest of the 12 weeks are gaps for the teams to implement the concepts and techniques they have learned to develop their startup.
Where does the program take place?
TEA runs in 5 locations in each round:
- Cairo TIEC, Smart Village
- Alexandria Arab Academy for Science & Technology
- Mansoura Mansoura University
- Assiut Assiut University
- Menia Menia University
Who should apply?
If you have an idea or a prototype in Information & Communication Technologies (Website, Mobile Application, Software, IoT ...) or enabled by them and would like to turn that into a startup then you are eligible to join the TEA program.
- A team of Entrepreneurs (not individual applicants)
- Egyptian Nationality (at least one of the founders should be Egyptian)
- Technology Competency (the team should have the capability to develop the technology they claim to use as a basis for their startup)
What will I develop in TEA?
After the 12 weeks you will be leaving the program with:
- Business Plan.
- Business Development milestones.
- Technology development milestones.
- Pitch to potential investors / support entities.